I absolutely love shrimp. There. Confession. What I don’t love is cleaning all the icky shells off and taking the vein out, but it’s a small price to pay for these delicious little morsels. I usually look for wild-caught shrimp when it’s on sale and try to avoid farmed when I can, but that’s just personal preference. This would be pretty tasty served with roasted spaghetti squash!
Prep time: 10 min Cook time: 5 min Makes: 1 pound
- 1 pound (500 g) shrimp, any size, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp capers
- Black pepper to taste
- Coconut oil or fat of choice
- Shell and devein the shrimp. Set aside.
- Mince the garlic and chop up the artichoke hearts.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a spoonful of coconut oil or your fat of choice. Saute the shrimp until it begins to turn opaque.
- Add the garlic, artichokes and capers and continue cooking until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Season with pepper to taste.