I love alliteration, hence my name of this post. Sometimes, I get really sick of steamed or wet-sauteed greens, so I decided to mix things up. The market I frequent always has fresh greens from a local organic farm, and my favorite lately has been Swiss chard. Cumin is smoky and aromatic and pairs really well with the toasted coconut flakes. Simple, easy, 5-minute side dish.
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 5 min Makes: 2 servings
- 1 bunch of Swiss chard, washed
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Pepper to taste
- Coconut oil or fat of choice
- Slice the Swiss chard into ribbons (mine were about 1/2″ wide).
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add a spoonful of your fat of choice.
- Saute the chard and coconut flakes until the chard is slightly wilted but not soggy and the coconut flakes are a bit browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cumin and pepper, to taste. I don’t add extra salt because the chard itself is a bit salty.