These spheres of meaty joy are super easy to make and baking them in the oven frees you up to do the rest of your food prep or other tasks. Try varying the type of ground meat or go with what’s available – I made them with lean ground pork because it was on sale. You could serve these with tomato sauce and spaghetti squash, homemade Paleo ketchup or just as a post-workout protein source (if the % of fat is pretty low). I made a double batch (recipe below) which yielded 24 meatballs, and these freeze well after being cooked.
2 lb (1 kg) ground meat of choice (I used lean pork)
2 medium onions, diced
3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (or 3 tsp dried rosemary)
1 tbsp dried sage
2 tsp ground coriander seed
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
Fat of choice
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a sheet pan with foil.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onion in a spoonful of your fat of choice until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, onions and all the spices.
4. Form into ~2″ balls and arrange on sheet pan.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.