Tired of plain, baked yams as your go-to PWO carb supplement? This is a nice change of pace with a bit of a Thanksgiving twist. So easy.
- 6 small sweet potatoes (the yellow-fleshed tuber)
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries*
- Ghee or clarified butter
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease the inside of a large casserole dish with coconut oil.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and apples. Chop into uniform pieces, ~1/2″ dice.
- Place half the chopped sweet potato/apple into the dish. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cranberries, a dusting of cinnamon, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Repeat with remaining sweet potato, apple, cranberry, cinnamon and salt.
- Dot the top with small pieces of ghee.
- Bake covered for ~1 hour or until the potato and apple have softened.
*For the love of Christmas…don’t use dried, sweetened cranberries, especially Ocean Spray or the like. They are usually loaded with sugar and tossed in canola oil (yuck…Omega-6-laden nastiness). The apple and sweet potato will more than offset the tartness of the berries. I usually stock up with several bags of fresh cranberry this time of year and freeze them for convenient addition to any dish throughout the year.