One of my favorite things to do while driving is listen to Robb Wolf’s Paleo Solution Podcast. While trying to catch myself up on back episodes, somewhere in the realm of episode 45-ish, I heard former co-host Andy Deas describe a dessert that really caught my attention because it sounded, well, amazing. And easy. And Paleo. So, while I can’t take credit for this creation, here is my take on Andy Deas’s pudding. Bon appetite!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (look for one with as few ingredients as possible)
- 2 apples (I used one Jonagold and one Fuji), peeled and chopped
- 1 vanilla bean*
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pour coconut milk into a small saucepan. Add chopped apples, coconut oil, and cinnamon.
- Halve the vanilla bean and scrape the tiny black seeds of yumminess out. Add to the saucepan.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes until the apples are soft.
- Puree in the blender until smooth.
- Refrigerate until chilled and the pudding is set.