This is one of my favorite ways to use up veggies and leftover meat from the fridge. Use anything you’d like and create your own combinations!
1/4 onion, chopped
2 small bell peppers (from the CSA box so they are tiny; normal sized pepper from grocery = use 1/2), chopped
1 small summer squash (again tiny; use 1/2 a normal sized squash), chopped
3 large cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 generous handfuls spinach
1 cup leftover cooked meat (I had ground turkey)
EVOO, coconut oil, bacon grease, etc
1. Prep all veggies…chop your little heart out. Tip: to ensure even cooking, try to chop your veggies into roughly the same size pieces.
2. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil/fat.
3. Cook onion, pepper and squash together for ~3-4 minutes.
4. Add tomato and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Top with spinach and stir until it cooks down.
6. Throw in pre-cooked meat.
7. Crack eggs into the pan (I don’t scramble them first…wastes a clean dish) and scramble those puppies until cooked.
8. Serve with avocado slices, salt and pepper.
Makes 2 normal-sized servings or 1 if I’m really hungry!